Monday, February 1, 2016

Simon Says Stamp January Card Kit

When I saw this card kit, I had to order it.  I love the colors Doodlebug Designs used in their Frosty Friends designer paper collection.  My favorite winter colors.  My card is a CASE of Shari Carroll's card from the collection.  Here's the link to her card.  I loved the colors she used and the layout.  Of course my card ended up with more snowflakes...I seem to have that problem of never knowing when enough is enough.  I made this card for my niece who turned sweet 16 in December.  I used the the white 120 lb card stock in the kit as my base and stamped the snowflakes from "Cute Snowflakes" that was included in the kit in Stampin' Up's "Bermuda Bay" and "Coastal Cabana" inks, Versa Mark ink and Simon Says Stamp "White" pigment ink on the "Audrey Blue" card stock, also included in the kit.  I then cut a few strips of the Frosty Friends dp for the edge.  I had one of the "Festive Flurries" from SU, left over from last week's card and added it to this card instead of the snowman and the "Make a Wish" stamp is from PaperTrey Ink's "Mum's the Word" stamp set, which I stamped in SU's Pacific Point ink.  I added some silver thread and popped up both the sentiment and the snowflake to the front of the card.  I added some of the Doodlebug Sprinkles that were included in the kit and the white snowflake sequins are from SU.  I think this card turned out super cute and my niece thought so to.

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love it when you do. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.