Sunday, January 31, 2016

January Birthdays...

What a busy weekend I had.  I had to make 6 cards for our January birthday get-together we had today.   A few of the cards, were actually for birthdays in December that I didn't have a chance to make.  This card was for my nephew, whose birthday was in December.  I'm so glad my mojo is working again.   I really think taking a stamp class at my local stamp store truly helped.  This card we made in the class, but I came home and tweaked it just a bit.  She had us make a card that was 6" x 4.25.  I took the card apart and trimmed it down to 5.5 x 4.25.  We used Penny Black's stamp "Snowy Grove" and inked it up in black, then used Distress Inks in "Wild Honey" first to make the sunrise, and "Blueprint Sketch" for the sky.  I am so in love with Blueprint Sketch.  It's my new favorite Distress color!  After that, we took White Enamel Embossing Powder from Stampendous to mimic falling snow.  On a previous card I made with this same stamp (before I took this class) I used a white gel pen for the snow.  It took a bit more time, but gave the same effect.  I then used Simon Says Stamp "Stitched Slopes & Hills" dies to make my snow drifts.  The three die cut deer are from Memory Box called "Valley Deer Trio" that I glued on.  I stamped "Happy Birthday" from Penny Black's "Friendship" stamp set also in black ink.  Quick, easy card.

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love it when you do.


2 comments :

  1. Hey, I have a card very similar to this! I like how you trimmed yours down to an A2 size...may have to do that to mine too! :0) Like the snow hills you added too!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.