Wednesday, February 3, 2016

If it ain't red, leave it in the shed...

My dad and my son, Tim, are tractor fanatics.  My dad has had a Farmall tractor for as long as I can remember.  Tim started out as a John Deere fan, but has come to the right side of the tracks and wants nothing but a Farmall.  The caption is from a t-shirt Tim got as a present last year.  This birthday card was for my dad who turned 82 this past Sunday and still drives his Farmall whenever he can.  I think he somewhat looks forward to snow so he can plow with the tractor.

Penny Black came out with this stamp set last year, I believe.  It was a must have for me!  It's called "Life is Simpler", which I colored with pencils.  The die cut tree is from Impression Obsession (IO die 0006-V), which I cut out from a piece of Stampin' Up's "Basic Grey" card stock.  I water colored the sky and grass on water color paper with Distress Inks in "Broken China" and "Peeled Paint".  I fussy cut out the tractor and popped it up.  My dad sure did agree with the sentiment.

Thank you for stopping by, I sure love it when you do.

1 comment :

  1. What a cool card and I bet your dad just loved it! Great coloring on your background and the tractor...and you "fussy" cut that out??!! I'm so impressed!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.