Friday, February 5, 2016

Birthday with "Altitude"

I'm getting punny!  Darnell must be rubbing off on me...hahaha!  I love her posts.  If you haven't checked out Darnell's blog, you need to..http://www.djkardkreations.com/.  She is such a hoot! 

Anyhoo, back to my card for my oldest sister.  I have 3 sisters and one brother.    This card came about from one I made at a stamp class last week using the same technique, just different colors, dies and stamps.  I used a piece of cream colored card stock that has silver flecks in it that I picked up at my local stamp store and masked off a portion of the card and sponged Distress Inks in "Broken China," "Tumbled Glass" and "Stormy Sky" on the top half and "Dusty Concord" and "Seedless Preserves" on the bottom half.  Before pulling off the mask, I inked up Hero Arts' "Hand Drawn Snowflakes" in "Broken China" and Seedless Preserves" and stamped them over my distress inked area.  I inked up Impression Obsession's "Solid Tree" in "Tuxedo Black" ink and "swiped" the ink before putting the tree on the paper to make the tree look like it has some bark.  The "Happy Birthday" is from PaperTrey Ink's "Friendly Flowers" stamp set.  I mounted this panel onto a piece of dp from Bo Bunny's "Altitude" paper pack from last year.  Just love that dp!!  Then mounted the two panels onto Stampin' Up's "Not Quite Navy" card stock.  I finished the card off with some sequins. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I love it when you do.

1 comment :

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.