Saturday, February 13, 2016

PaperTrey Ink's Day 1 - DT Favorites

Hi everyone,
I'm behind on PTI 9th Anniversary Challenges, but I'll see how many I can get done this weekend.  I chose Kay Miller's color recipe.  I used PTI's "Twig Wreath" stamp set.  I've had it for months and finally had a chance to play with it.  What a fun set.

I do struggle with lining up stamps with dies a lot.  I've used Jennifer McGuire's trick in the past, where you cut out the die on a scrap piece of paper and line up the stamped image under the cut out.  Put the die back into the cut out and run it through your machine.  Works for me about 75% of the time.  I fail at die cutting the image first then stamping onto the die cut.  Never perfectly lined up...drives me nuts.  So today, I tried my own idea...at least I think it's mine.  I took a piece of card stock, stamped a solid circle, then die cut out my flowers and leaves.  Worked like a charm.  Why didn't I think of that a long time ago.  I know you are thinking, why didn't I just use card stock.  I don't own any PTI card stock.  I know that is sad, but I would rather buy stamps then card stock.


The card is pretty self explanatory.  Unfortunately I can't remember which PTI set the Birthday Wishes stamp came from (sorry).  That's what I get for waiting a week before posting my card.  The piece of designer paper is from My Favorite Things "Plaid Patterns" paper pack.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I love it when you do.

1 comment :

  1. Totally in LOVE with this card Sue!! The colors are fabulous to start with, and look so good with the Twig Wreath set! Love the little strip of plaid at the top too...really ties in all the colors!! And I love the idea of how you die cut your flowers!! You don't get the white border doing it that way, but I really like the whole solid look you achieved doing it this way! Beautiful, beautiful card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.