Sunday, March 29, 2015

Happy Birthday - 2 challenges


Happy Palm Sunday! 

It has been a busy week and weekend around here.  My son and his fiance came home for the weekend.  It was so good to see them both and we made progress on their wedding invitations.  We have the layout chosen, now we just have to settle on some purple designer paper for the envelopes.

I did have time today to make a couple of birthday cards.  I have 2 birthdays to celebrate this week.  I am using Color Throwdown's colors this week on each card, but different stamps.  I really like how they both turned out.  

The colors I used are Stampin' Up's Primerose Petals, Daffodil Delight and Certain Celery.  Primrose Petals looks quite pink in this card. 

For my first birthday card for this week, I started with SU's Certain Celery card stock as my base.  The stamp set is SU's Flower Patch and the Happy die is also from SU called Hello You thin lit dies (a new die cut set I just got from SU yesterday).  After I stamped the flowers all over a piece of Gina K's Pure Luxury White card stock, I cut happy out of the center and set it aside (don't lose the center pieces, we need them when we assemble the card together).  I then glued 2 pieces of Certain Celery card stock together 4 times to make 8 layers and ran each 2 ply layer through my Big Shot and glue the 4 happy dies together to make the 8 layers.  I taped down the flowered card to the Certain Celery card stock base.  I glued the flowered happy to the green happy dies and put it into the open space on the flower card and added back in the center pieces to finish off happy.  I also cut out a banner from SU's Bitty Banners from SU's Daffodil Delight card stock and stamped birthday from SU's Crazy about You stamp set (also new yesterday) and pop dotted it onto the card. I added a piece of baker's twine and some pearls to finish off the card.

I do have to give credit to Make It Monday for the popped up die cut.  They did this challenge during 2014, but I never had a chance to try it until today.  

I am entering this card into Simon Wednesday Challenge "Anything Goes" and Djkardkreations' NBUS #4 challenge this week. Looking for some awesome inspiration?  Visit these two blogs and you will get a lot of inspiration from tons of beautiful cards!!!




3 comments :

  1. Loving both your birthday cards Sue! Great colors and beautiful stamping! Really love how that happy die looks raised up. Haven't even had a chance to get mine out yet and play with them...too much new stuff lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Sue, fabulous pretty papers and gorgeous details and stunning die-cut sentiment!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mwah!! Love this one, too, Sue!! Thank you! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.