Sunday, March 29, 2015

Happy Birthday for three challenges

This is the 2nd birthday card I need for this week. It also uses Certain Celery as the base.  I used a piece of TH's distress watercolor paper.  I used my Certain Celery ink pad to put down color on a piece of acetate and added water for the smooshed technique.  I then used PaperTrey Ink's Meadow Greens stamp set and inked up the flower in both Daffodil Delight and Primrose Petal inks.  I used Certain Celery for the stems and leaves.  Again, I die cut SU's Happy from Hello You thin lit die cut set and again added 8 layers of Certain Celery card stock behind the white and green happy die cut.  I also used the banner from SU's Bitty Banners, and the word Birthdy from SU's Crazy About You stamp set.  I did cut just a bit off my banner this time.  I finished off the card with yellow bakers twine and pearls.  

Again, what great colors!  I am entering this card not only for this week's Color throwdown, but also for Simon Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes and Djkardkreations' NBUS #4 challenge this week, too.
Please visit all three blogs and check out some awesome cards that others have submitted.  Great places to visit for wonderful inspiration!





6 comments :

  1. Pretty card!! Love the layered Happy and set flowers!! This for joining us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Sue. Love the flowers and the greenery... I am in love with that stamp set... can't wait to put my hands on it. The die-cut word looks great. Thank you for joining us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty. Great image and I like the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, beautiful card, love how the word pops out.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! Love the dimension of your layered die cut word. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so agree with you, Sue, such great colors, especially the way you have showcased them on this beautiful smooshed card! I love the subtle smooshing and how you've colored your flowers in the two colors! I also love the dimensional "happy" and the twine! Hmmm, I guess I could have just said I love EVERYTHING about this card, huh?! I want to thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4 and apologize for taking so long to visit you; life and Easter company got in the way! Enjoy your day and thanks again!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.