Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Consider it CASED


Hi everyone,
This card on the left is from my good friend, Marcia.  I just loved the cheerfulness of this card.  It made me smile when I opened it.

I've had it setting on my shelf for awhile now, knowing that I was going to CASE this card.

I finally did so in February for my sister.  I had a bunch of birthday cards to make, so I thought I would make up a couple.

Here's what I came up with.  I started with a piece of Gina K's Pure Luxury White card stock and stamped PaperTrey Ink's Friendly Flowers in Stampin' Up's Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and the leaves in SU's Garden Green inks.

I stamped Warmest Wishes on your birthday in Tuxedo Black in from SU's Blooming with Kindness stamp set.  I cut it out with a tag die from SU, sponged around the tag with SU's Tangerine Tango ink, and punch a hole for the orange ribbon.  I attached it to the card with pop dots, then cut out the word Sending from Simon Says Stamp in SU's Tangerine Tango card stock and glued that to the card.  I finished off the card with a few silver and orange sequins, mounted it to a piece of black card stock, then a piece of Gina K's Pure Luxury White card stock.  Mine is a bit busier then Marcia's, but I still liked how it turned out!  Thank you, Marcia, for sending me such a beautiful card and for letting me CASE it, too!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.