Monday, June 30, 2014

A little catch up

I have been making cards left and right lately and haven't had time to post them, so I thought I would do so today.

This card is using Tim Holtz's brick embossing folder, chalking and stamping over the embossed image.  I used PaperTrey Ink's "Wet Paint" and "Turning a New Leaf" stamp sets.  The ribbon is from Gina K.  The card stock and inks used on this card are from Stampin' Up's "Lost Lagoon" and "Mossy Meadow" and Gina K's "Pure Luxury White".

This card I had wanted to enter into the color throwdown challenge, but unfortunately I missed the deadline.   The card size is Gladstone (5.5 x 3.5).  I used Gina K's "Pure Luxury White" card stock.  The stamp set "Life is Beautiful" is from PaperTrey Ink.  I used the baby wipe technique on this card.  The ink colors I used were all from Stampin' Up.  "Daffodil Delight", "Smoky Slate" and "Bermuda Bay".  I finished off the card with gray and yellow DMC floss and white pearls on each butterfly.
 This card could be used as a birthday card or to send for the 4th of July.  Almost everything on this card is from Stampin' Up, except the blue-white speckled card stock, the velum and white embossing powder which are from a local stamp store.  I also used a "Speckle" stamp from Judith.  The other stamps are from Stampin' Up and are from "Simple Stems" and "Perfect Party" stamp sets.   I used "Real Red" and "Night of Navy" inks and "Real Red" card stock.  The punch is "Scallop Trim Border".  I almost forgot the white card stock is from Gina K.

Again, almost everthing on this card is from stampin' Up except the white card stock, which is Gina K's.  The Yellow and Bluish-Green DMC floss and the "Happy Birthday" is from PaperTrey Ink's "Birthday Basics" Stamp set.  The stamp is from "Peaceful Petals".  The inks and card stock are "Bermuda Bay", " Daffodil Delight" and "Smoky Slate".  I finished off the card with a button and white pearls.



I used Stampin' Up's new in color "Blackberry Bliss" and Gina K's "Pure White Luxury" card stock.  The large butterfly is the "Swirl" butterfly and the smaller butterfly is the "Pippi" butterfly from Memory Box.  I used Tim Holtz's "Bubble Layering" stencil and PaperTrey Ink's 'Wet Paint".  I added pearls to finish off this card.























All the cards above I made at least 2 of (I made 3 of a few for birthday cards that I needed) for a card swap I went to.  On these 2 sailboat cards, I didn't have a big enough sheet of either designer papers, so I had to use 2 different sheets.  The white card stock is Gina K's "Pure White Luxury" card stock.  The designer paper is from Carta Bella's "Ahoy There" 6x6 paper pack.  This set is so cute.  I love almost every sheet in it!.  The "Sailboat" is from Stacy Stamps, which I lightly colored with water colored pencils.  I also used "Blue-white" Speckled card stock from a local stamp store and finished off the card with red/white baker's twine and a red button.


This last card was for Al's Aunt Evah...who my daughter, Sarah, has the pleasure of sharing her birthday with!  Auntie (as Al calls her) will be 83 and my only daughter and the oldest of our 3 will be 25 today.  How time flies.  I've had to send my hugs and kisses to Sarah long distance as she is living her dream in NYC!!  I posted her card a week ago for a Make It Monday's challenge.

We did get to give Auntie her card, hugs and kisses last night as we had a cookout and bonfire (so glad the weather cooperated in the end...we had rain as we started and had to eat in the garage, but was able to finish the night in front of the bonfire, without a cloud in the sky.)

As you can see from my blog, I love these butterflies and am using them all the time, along with the baby wipe technique (shown on Make It Monday last month).  I used Stampin' Up's "Pacific Point" card stock and ink.  I forgot how much I love this color!  And SU's "Bermuda Bay", "Pretty in Pink", "Rose Romance" and "Pink Passion" inks for the tie-dye look.  I also used Gina K's "Pure White Luxury" card stock.  I finished off the card with Pink baker's twine and a few sequins and pearls.  Oops, almost forgot, the "Speckles" stamp is from Judith

3 comments :

  1. Love this post with ALL your beautiful cards! I can't even pick a favorite as they're all SO pretty! Great job on all of them Sue! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue these are all beautiful! I love the butterflies that you stamped and diecut! So pretty! Gorgeous cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely card designs.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.