Sunday, September 7, 2014

Celebrate today

This is my 100th post since starting my blog back on October 2, 2012.  Yes, it took awhile to reach 100 posts, but I did it!  So to celebrate, I decided to give a $20 gift certificate to the first person to comment on this post, to one of my favorite online stamp stores...PaperTrey Ink.  Good Luck!

Now, onto my card for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge #308.  We are to use Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie in our card.  I did struggle to come up with an idea using these colors.  But then as I was going through my stamps, I came across this one, which I have never used, so this card will also work for Darnell's NBUS challenge, too.

I started with Stampin' Up's "Melon Mambo" card stock and dry embossed it with SU's "Pretty Print" embossing folder sideways, so I had to use my Spellbinder's Grand Calibur to run the ef through, as it is too wide to go through my Cuttlebug.  I used Gina K's "Pure White Luxury" card stock and inked up the stamp from SU's "Postage Due" with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I used Tim Holtz's circle blending tool to ink up the white card stock with SU's "Melon Mambo", "Daffodil Delight" and "Pumpkin Pie" inks, which made the Postage Due stamp pop.  I finished off the card by die cuting 3 flowers out of PaperTrey Ink's "Beautiful Blooms II, #3" with white card stock, which I colored with "Melon Mambo", "Daffodil Delight" and "Pumpkin Pie" inks, pop dotted each layer and added a rhinestone to the top of the flower.  I then die cut out "Celebrate"  (from PTI's "Wet Paint Die Cuts" and "Today" (from PTI's "Wet Paint II Die Cuts") out of both "Daffodil Delight" and "Pumpkin Pie" card stock and offset them and attached them to the card. 

Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to check out the other beautiful cards posted at Color Throwdown Challenge Blog and djkardcreations: NBUS Challenge #2 Blog.




7 comments :

  1. Love the white images against the colored/gradient background! Wonderful! Thxs for p,sung at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Vickie won!! Congratulations on your 100th post, Sue! That's a huge accomplishment! Lots of folks never make it that far, but lucky for us, you did! Your card is such a colorful delight! It has a very Hawaiian feel to it. Excellent job of inking!! I love those vibrant colors and must think about entering myself if it's not too late. Thank you so much for playing in my second NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you layered the word dies! This is a gorgeous card and beautiful take on the throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 100th post Sue! And what a beautiful card to celebrate it with! I love the bright colors, the resist technique with the Postage Due set, and your layered die cuts...they all make a really eye popping card! Well done! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I love the white embossing over the beautifully sponged background and the layered sentiment diecuts look fantastic...such a beautiful design!!!!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours on this and I love your sentiment treatment...Congrats on your 100 th post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your 100th post! Lovely card that you made here...like the cheery colors!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.