Monday, July 25, 2016

SAF - Master Color Recipes

I have always loved "Date in the Park" by Afremov.  The water colors are so vivid and fall is my favorite time of the year, with summer a very close second!  I knew my card was going to be inspired by him.









TH's water color paper
SU's Taken with Teal and Summer Sun CS
PTI's inks: Terracotta Tile, New Leaf, Tropic Teal, Summer Sunrise and Scarlet Jewel
PTI's Petite Pots and Wet Paint Stamp Sets
PTI's Wet Paint Dies
Sequins

I must confess, this was not an easy card for me.  Everything I tried (I threw away at least 4 attempts) was just not working. I was trying my hardest to recreate this painting.  Not an easy task when you don't know much about water coloring or even painting, in general. 

I finally took my ink pads and put the color on a large acrylic block and spritzed with water and laid my paper over it to come up with the background and added the flowers.  I finished the card off with the die and sequins.  The colors are just not as bright as the painting, but I still really like how it turned out.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Be sure to check out the beautiful cards made with all the Master Color Recipes here




2 comments :

  1. LOVE this card Sue! Your background is just perfect for all those pretty little flowers! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background on this is really cool and all the happy little flowers too! I'm glad you stuck with it because this is such a cheerful card!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.