Sunday, April 17, 2016

Butterflies!


Hi everyone, we have had a beautiful sunny weekend and it's actually warm outside!  We are all just giddy about it.

This weekend, I made a card for "Create Along With Us".  I just loved this month's PTI release!  I'm a sucker for butterflies, so yes, I ordered the mini make it market kit, along with some other wonderful stamp sets.

Kay Miller is my new crush!  I just love how she makes the colors pop off the page and how bright and cherry all her cards are.  I can only imagine what they look like in real life.  Don't you just love her card she made with Color Pop Mini Kit?

 Here is my attempt at Kay's card.  Kay makes her cards look like they would be easy to duplicate, not the case at all! 


Gina K Pure Luxury White CS
TH watercolor paper
TH Distress inks - Cracked Pistachio & Mermaid Lagoon
SU inks - Pacific Point & Bashful Blue
PTI's Wet Paint Die Cuts
PTI's stamp sets - Beautiful Butterflies, Beautiful Butterflies Layers & Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen

The second close up picture is to show off Spectrum Noir's Glitter pen.  It was the special "extra" from Catherine Pooler's last SOA kit.  I have to say I like it better than Wink of Stella.  I think it has more glitter and seems to flow better.

Thank you for stopping by, I always love it when you do.  I'm hoping to have another card or two up yet this week.  Enjoy your week.  I do have a busy one coming up at work.



5 comments :

  1. Gorgeous, Sue! I had to look twice to see yours vs. Kay's. You will make her proud. Guess we have similar taste in style. Have an awesome Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card turned out just as beautiful as Kay's! Your water coloring is fabulous, and those butterflies are gorgeous...a perfect birthday card! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed your inspiration, it's a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I missed this when I left the comment on your last post! This is stunning! You did a gorgeous job!! I might even like yours better :) Thanks so much for your kind words!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.