Sunday, November 9, 2014

Merry Christmas to You and Yours.

Here's another Christmas card for another challenge.  This one is for the Color Throwdown Challenge blog #317.  This week's colors are white, black, purple and light blue.  I really like these colors and it didn't take me long to figure out a night sky was in order and I also was able to use a new die set I bought last month, but haven't been able to play with until today!

This card would work great as a shaker card, too.  I just might do that before Christmas for a few close friends that I hand deliver their cards to.  I die cut out the houses from Home and Hearth by Essentials by Ellen in Stampin' Up's Bashful Blue card stock and also in white and used the white windows and doors in the blue houses.  I then used Distress Inks in Black Soot, Tumbled Glass and Dusty Concord to make my night sky.   I then splattered some Perfect Pearls for the stars (a few big stars, too) and also used SU's white chalk marker.  I cut a piece of white card stock for the snow and attached to the night sky.  I colored the white with Wink of Stella to make the snow glitter.  I also added some white chalk marker and wink of stella to the houses too.  I attached the houses and added a purple star to one of the houses.  I then cut it out with PTI's Shaker Shape Circle die.  I added the blue ring and then the black ring to finish off my focal point.  I attached the circles to a piece of Gina K's Pure White Luxury card stock after I stamped Sweet 'n Sassy's Snowflake background stamp in SU's Bashful Blue, which I off stamped first.  I added the Merry Christmas to you and yours from PTI's Think Big Favorites #20 in SU's Elegant Eggplant ink.  I attached the white card stock to a piece of black card stock and then a piece of SU's Elegant Eggplant card stock.  

Thank you so much for stopping by and you still have time to enter this week's Color Throwdown Challenge blog #317.  Don't forget to stop by their blog and check out the other beautiful cards using this week's colors. 

4 comments :

  1. Cute, cute card Sue! And yes, it would make a great shaker card! I love your night time sky too...don't you just love creating them with the distress inks?!! Well done! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling Christmas card....I just love the little houses and the winter sky!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! LOVE the little scene you created...it's darling! Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect Christmas card design for the traditional "from our house to yours," Sue! I think you're right about what a cute shaker card it would be!! Excellent use of your NBUS, too!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.