Sunday, November 30, 2014

Catching up...

Thought I would start with my challenge card first.
 



The first is Color Throwdown #320, the second is Make It Monday #190 and the third is Simon Wednesday Challenge (anything goes).  This was a fun card to make.  For the Color Throwdown, our colors this week were red, aqua, silver and kraft.  I made the plaid pattern which is for the Make It Monday Challenge. I used an old SU stamp I can't remember what the name of the set was, and SU's Lost Lagoon and Cherry Cobbler markers and also a Distress Marker in Antique Linen.  I cut a small strip of it at the bottom of the card and die cut one of the snowflakes from PTI Snowflake Medley Die Collection. I used Simon Says Stamp! Falling Snow stencil with Kraft Ink on the Lost Lagoon card stock and clear embossed the dots.  I inked up PTI's Happy Birthday from Think Big Favorites #24 in Cherry Cobbler ink from SU, which I also clear embossed.  What a perfect card for a December birthday.    
 




Now I will catch you up on the rest of my cards from the past few weeks.
The first one I used a technique that Kittie Caracciolo likes to use.  Here's a link to the video she has showing this technique  http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_classroom_new/2014/09/fall-leaves-with-distress-ink-by-kittie-caracciolo.html.  The leaves are from Impression Obsession, called Leaves die set and the Wheat is from the Wheat die set.  I cut the wheat from some designer paper that I don't know the name of now.  The leaves are colored with the following Distress Inks, peeled paint, mustard seed, barn door and spiced marmalade.  I used Copper Pearl Liquid Pearls around the edges of the leaves after I embossed them with clear embossing powder.  I tied both, copper twine and some natural twine around the grouping and adhered them to the card with pop dots.  The background paper is from a local stamp store that has some gold flecks in it.  Very pretty paper.  I finished the card off by stamping Happy Birthday (from PaperTrey Ink's Stylish Sentiments: Birthday) in Spiced Marmalade.



 




This card is the one I made for my sister's birthday.  She is 3 years and 1 day younger than I.  I used Penny Black's Sunny Pair stamp, which I stamped with Momento's London Fog ink.  I then pulled out my Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor paints.  The happy birthday came from PTI's Birthday basics. I finished the card off with a piece of twine and used clear wink of stella in the center of the flowers. 













Last but not least, my niece Mallory shares my birthday.  As you can see, she turned 18 this past week!  I thought a shaker card would be perfect for her 18th birthday.  I cut the number 18 from my Silhouette.  The rest of this card is from PaperTrey Ink's Shaker Shapes Square Dies.  Some of the sequins are from Simons Says and the rest are from PTI's Make It Market Kits Shakers and Sprinkles.  The Happy Birthday is from Penny Black's Celebrations.  I used Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant card stock from Stampin' Up.  Yes, I glued all the confetti around the card.  It wasn't too bad. 


Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to check out all the amazing cards over at Color Throwdown #320, Make It Monday #190 and Simon Wednesday Challenge.








3 comments :

  1. LOVE all your cards Sue...can't even pick a favorite! Really like the plaid you made on the 1st card, and also how you cut the snowflakes from that too...clever! And the wheat and leaves card is just stunning...love, love, love that copper liquid pearls around the leaves! And your sunflowers are colored just beautifully, and I really love the soft blue background too...I'm sure Stephanie loved her card!! And Mallory's shaker card is fabulous...how can you not like a shaker card?!! Great job on all of them Sue! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your CTD card is really pretty especially with those plaid snowflakes!!! Love all your other cards, too...you make such beautiful art!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful cards.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.