Saturday, November 29, 2014

feeling so blessed!!!

Hi everyone, no card to post today, but I will post some before the weekend is over. 

I turned 50 this past Tuesday and our beautiful daughter, Sarah, surprised me by coming home from NYC for my big day.  She had called her dad back in July and they arranged the whole thing.  I bawled like a baby when I came home and discovered her in the family room. Especially since she hadn't been home since last Christmas.  I'm glad I raised an independent daughter, but it does have some drawbacks. 

Our son, Nick, also came home from Wisconsin, too, but not until Wednesday night, as he has his "grownup" job, now that he has graduated from college.  I, also, wish he lived a tad closer, but he is only six hours away.

Our youngest child, Tim, is a junior in high school, so now all my kids were home for Thanksgiving.  We all were able to go to my sister's house to have a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with some of the family.  Unfortunately, not everyone was able to come home for Thanksgiving, and they were all missed very much.

Nick took pictures of the whole family, but he hasn't emailed them to me yet, otherwise I would have a picture of all my kids on here, too.

Our family is starting another phase in our lives, as Nick is getting married August 15, 2015.  His fiance, Danielle, is a beautiful person.  She has been living with us this fall as she completes her student teaching at a high school not too far from where we live and she graduates from college this coming Saturday.  It has been a pleasure to have her live with us for almost four months.

Our children are truly a blessing from God and we are very grateful!  

The week turned out hectic, but it was well worth it!  I hope everyone had a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving and that, you, too, were able to spend time with family and friends!


2 comments :

  1. Sounds like you had the perfect birthday and Thanksgiving! Happy Belated Birthday wishes to you, Sue! Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I saw this, Sue! It's beautiful and it brought tears to my eyes. But, secondly, girl, you look like you are 30 and your daughter (don't tell her) looks 12!! What good genes you have!! She's so pretty and looks so much like you. I'm just delighted that you had all your kittens around you for the blessed Thanksgiving holiday!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.