Sunday, August 24, 2014

CTD #306 - Happy Birthday

This week's Color Throwdown used a great color combination.  Usually, I think to myself the colors they choose are never going to work together, but they always do.  I love the colors for this week.  They are Pale Plum, Pear Pizzazz and Night of Navy.

I used Stampin' Up's "Pear Pizzazz" and "Night of Navy" and Gina K's "Pure Luxury White" card stock.

I carefully stamped PaperTrey Ink's "Happy Birthday" from "Think Big Favorites #24" in SU's "Pale Plum", "Pear Pizzazz" and "Night of Navy" ink.  I used Tim Holtz's "Dot Fade" stencil in each corner with TH's circle blending tool to add the "Pale Plum" and "Pear Pizzazz" colors.

To finish off the card, I stamped two flowers from SU's "Flower Shop" in "Pear Pizzazz" ink and two flowers from SU's "Petite Petals" in "Pale Plum" ink and added SU's "Candy Dot" in the center of each flower in "Night of Navy".  I pop dotted each flower and attached them to the front of the card.


I loved how this card came together.  Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to check out the other beautiful cards using these great colors at CTD #306.

3 comments :

  1. LOVE this color combination and especially how you used all 3 colors on the sentiment! Very pretty card...will definitely bring a smile to whoever receives it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Sue. Love the multicolored flowers. Great arrangements. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very pretty ! I love the way u did the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.