Sunday, August 17, 2014

birthdays...birthdays..birthdays, plus CTD #305

I'm playing a little catch up this week, as I didn't do a couple challenges, because I didn't have the supplies they were looking for.  Did try to find some plaid ribbon, but that was a fail and thought about buying embossing paste, but just wasn't sure I would use it again.

This first card I made was for this week's Color Throwdown #305.  We had four colors to use, I had to substitute for two of them.  I used Tangerine Tango, Bermuda Bay, Pear Pizzazz and Smoky Slate.

 A few weeks ago a few of us went down to Novi for the Auntie Annie's Rubber Stamp show.  I did do some damage that day!

Rubbernecker Stamps were one of many vendors at the show and I fell in love with their Create a Garden sets (there are 3 of them).  Yup, I bought them all!

For these 2 cards I used set 1 and 2.  For the first card, I used Stampin' Up's "Smoky Slate" ink for the basket and SU's "Pear Pizzazz" ink for the greens and shadowing.  I used SU's "Tangerine Tango" and "Bermuda Bay" for the flowers and finished them off with some "Clear Wink of Stella".  I also recently ordered "Square Prints" from PaperTrey Ink and was itching to use it, so I stamped the basket weave in SU's "Pear Pizzazz" "Bermuda Bay" and "Tangerine Tango" inks and cut out each square.  I added the orange baker's twine and mounted the card on "Basic Gray" and "Bermuda Bay" card stock.





This card, I made for my mother-in-law's birthday.  Again I used Rubbernecker's "Create a Garden Sets 1 & 2".  I used "Brushed Corduroy" Distress ink and SU's "Bermuda Bay," "Tangerine Tango" and "Pear Pizzazz" inks.   I added some sequins and the sentiment is from Stampin' Up's "Flower Patch" set.  I just love that saying.  I mounted this card on SU's "Pear Pizzazz" card stock.


One of my nephew's (Sam's) birthday is also coming up and we celebrated both his and Grandma Rose's birthdays last evening.  Sam loves cats and I thought this Penny Black stamp was perfect for him.

I inked up this PB cat (4319J) with Tuxedo Black ink and used many Copic markers to color him.  They were E-11, R-83, E-57, YR-21, R-27, E-23, Y-02, N-4, Y-000, G-14, E-30, B-14, E-31 and B-23.  The sentiments I used were from PaperTrey Ink's "Wet Paint III".  I mounted the card in SU's "Bordering Blue" (very old, but love this color) and "Crumb Cake" card stock.


Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to check out the other beautiful creations over at Color Throwdown #305

3 comments :

  1. Both of your cards are adorable!! Love the case and flowers!!! This for playing at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...you've been busy! LOVE the 2 Rubbernecker cards...the colors are great and both are just very pretty! Glad you found your kitty cat too...and how can you not love a Penny Black image?!!! :0) Great job on all of them Sue!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty card Sue .Love the beautiful basket on the first one. The soft sponging looks great. The decorative squares look great on the side along with the twine. The second card is super cute. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.