Saturday, May 10, 2014

Merry Christmas Sketch for Merry Monday's #107

This week's Merry Monday Challenge #107 is to use this sketch.


I find sketches hard to do.  Give me colors to use any day and my creative juices flow like mad.  Not so much with sketches.  I find them a lot more difficult because there are so many options.    It took me all week to come up with something for this sketch.  I don't have a lot of time for this post, so it is short and sweet.




Products used:
Gina K's "Pure Luxury Ivory" card stock
Carta Bella's "So this is Christmas" (striped designer paper)
Carta Bella's "Christmas Day" (25 days designer paper)
Stampin' Up's "Crumb Cake" card stock
Stampin' Up's "Decorative Dots " Embossing Folder
Stampin' Up's "Bravo Burgundy" ink
Stampin' Up's "Merry Christmas" and "Santa Post" stamps (don't know what sets they came from...sorry)
PaperTrey Ink's "Button Stacks" dies,
PaperTrey Ink's "Wreaths for All Seasons" stamp set
Tan colored ribbon and DMC floss
Spellbinders circle dies and scalloped circle dies

Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to check out the other wonderful sketches at Merry Monday's Challenge #105.

Lastly, I want to wish everyone a wonderful Mother's Day!  I have been very blessed to have a beautiful loving mother who is still very active, loves her family to pieces and loves it when we are all together.   We'll be spending the day with her and dad, and I can't wait!

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you!

7 comments :

  1. I love your take on the sketch, Sue! The button in the middle of the wreath is the perfect touch. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, you did a SUPER job with the sketch! Love the wreath and colors you used! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sue, I love the papers and colors you used. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch ..... love the wreath, and the traditional colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love your card Sue...the papers, the colors, and you can NEVER go wrong with the wreath! A very classic and beautiful card...well done! And Happy Mother's Day...enjoy! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your wreath, Sue! I find sketches a challenge too. You aced this one! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is really lovely! Great elements & I love the wreath!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.