Sunday, May 18, 2014

Christmas Star for Merry Monday Challenge #108

Hi everyone, I'm back again with another Merry Monday Challenge.  This week we are to use stars in our card. 

I knew I wanted to use Stampin' Up's "Christmas Star", because I hadn't had a chance to use it yet.  Of course all the ideas I had in my head didn't exactly work out on paper, so I came up with a pretty good comprise between all the ideas.

I started out with Gina K's "Pure White" luxury card stock.  I stamped SU's "Christmas Star" in SU's "Night of Navy" ink twice on  24lb copy paper.  The reason I used copy paper was because I originally stamped the star on card stock, put the two stars together on another piece of card stock and then tried to die cut out the word peace, it wouldn't cut through all three layers.  It was too thick, I tried everything, including trying it in both of my die cutting machines. 

After die cutting out the word "Peace" from PTI's "Wonderful Words: Holiday Die Collection", I die cut "Peace" again out of SU's "Real Red" card stock and placed it back into the star.  I finished the card off with lots of star rhinestones and red bakers twine.

Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to check out all the beautiful stars at Merry Monday's Christmas Challenge #108.

3 comments :

  1. What a great idea to cut out the "peace" in the star....love it! Love all the bling, and of course the red, white, and blue too! Great card Sue!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic star, Sue! I love how you've embedded the peace in it and the little sparkly stars around it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your rustic star, Sue!! The embedded peace and the wrap of twine punctuated by the star are just perfect touches!! Have a great week! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.