Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Dynamic Duos Challenge #92 - Feeling Sentimental



I'm participating in DD Challenge #92.  I took a few days to think about how I wanted to use these two colors together and thought using the watercolor effect would be perfect.

All stamps, inks and card stock are from Stampin' Up.  I started with using "Midnight Muse" ink and adding water to it and painting a small piece of white card stock on an angle for a different look.  After it dried, I stamped the phone booth from "Feeling Sentimental" in  "Rose Red" ink over the blue water colored background.  I took another white piece of card stock and splattered both "Midnight Muse" and "Rose Red" inks (watered down).  I attached the splattered card stock to a piece of "Midnight Muse" card stock.  I took the piece of paper that has the phone booth stamped on it and attached it to  "Midnight Muse" and then attached it to the white splattered card stock.  I took a piece of  "Rose Red" card stock and punch out the "Scallop Trim Boarder" on both sides and put a piece of  "Midnight Muse" and another piece of "Rose Red" over the" Midnight Muse" card stock.  I then used a scrap piece of white card stock from my stash and splattered it with "MIdnight Muse" and "Rose Red" watered down inks.  I stamped a  "Happy Birthday" in "Midnight Muse" and attached it to a small piece of "Midnight Muse" and "Rose Red" card stock.

Thank you for stopping by and if you have a chance, check out the other cards submitted for DD challenge this week.


3 comments :

  1. Great card Sue! Forget that I have that stamp set and really should get it out...especially after seeing your card!! I love your background too...great job! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous splatter card, Sue! The way you did your background image make it look like glass! I'm sorry I've been too busy to get by for a few days. I've caught up with you now and have really enjoyed the cards I've missed!! I hope you have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the splatter! The image looks fantastic with all of your details- thanks for playing along with us at the Dynamic Duos :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.