Thursday, April 24, 2014

A "Pick Up" Masculine Birthday

I haven't posted any cards that weren't made for challenges in awhile, so I thought I would today.

I made this card for my son's 17th birthday.  Yes, my baby is now 17!  It is so hard to believe that he will be graduating in a couple of years.  It's just not fair how fast time flies.

Tim loves trucks and the color blue.  I used a blue-white speckled card stock that a local stamping store carries and Gina K's "Pure Luxury White" card stock.  The white/blue polka dot designer paper is from Echo Park's "Splendid Sunshine" 6x6 paper pack and the blue "baroque" designer paper is from Carta Bella's "Sew Lovely" 6x6 paper pack.  The "Wish Big", the "3 stars" and "1 star" stamps are all  from PaperTrey Ink's "Stylish Sentiments: Birthday". The ink I used was Stampin' Up's "Night of Navy" and sponged "Night of Navy" around the white card stock that I stamped the truck on.  The pick up truck stamp is from Tim Holtz's "The Journey" stamp set.  I was so excited to find this stamp set with a pick up truck to use on Tim's card.  So he opens the card and says nothing.  I was bummed.  I said, "didn't you like the card?"  His comment, "well it would have been better if it was a Chevy truck instead of Ford truck."  Like I would know the difference.  I should have expected that from a 17 year old right?  Still disappointing.

I loved the way the card turned out, so the second card is for one of my sister's male employees, whose birthday is later this week.  The card is the same as Tim's, except I used an old car from Tim Holtz's stamp set "Now and Then".


Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments :

  1. Love both of them! You do masculine cards so much better than I do! Think I'm definitely going to have to break down and order that Stylish Sentiments stamp set...love that Wish Big sentiment! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card. May have to CASE if that's OK. Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, you most definitely can CASE my card! I would be honored!

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.