Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Serene Silhouettes for DD#89

The sun is shining here today.  I heard on the news yesterday that since Dec. 1, we have only had 11 days of sunshine as of yesterday.  How depressing is that?  I have a ton of birthday and Valentine's Day cards to make this week, so I decided to make a bunch of different CAS cards.  Here's the one I made for Dynamic Duos #89 challenge for this week.


I started out with white Gina K card stock.  I cut an oval shape out of scrap paper and covered the card stock with it and sponged SU's "Pistachio Pudding" and "Blushing Bride" inks.   I removed the oval scrap paper and  then used VersaMark Dazzle in "Frost" for the flower stamp from SU's Serene Silhouettes stamp set and embossed the image with Stampendous "PEARLuster Pearl White" embossing powder.   I stamped "Happy Birthday" from SU's Happiest Birthday Wishes stamp set.  I then used ribbon from Michael's to finish off the card.  1 card down...10 to go!! 

I have to get a few Valentine's cards done today to have them in the mail tomorrow.  I hope the ideas for them start flowing very soon.  Thank you for stopping by. 

4 comments :

  1. What a pretty card Sue! I love how you embossed the image with pearl...SO elegant! Good luck with the Valentine mojo! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and delicate looking. Love how you sponged the background with your mask and then stamped over it. Thanks for joining us at the Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sue, this is so pretty and elegant. Thanks for sharing how you made it with masking, sponging, and embossing. Your bow is just perfect! Thanks for sharing with the Dynamic Duos this week;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.