Sunday, September 22, 2013

Gently Falling

I didn't have time to enter any challenges this week or did I have a chance to make any cards this week.  The card I am showing you today, I made for my Aunt Nancy's birthday, which was earlier this month.  I love fall and the colors that go with the season.

I used SU's "Pumpkin Pie" and "Old Olive" card stock.  I sponged SU's "Pumpkin Pie", "Old Olive" and "Crushed Curry" on white card stock for the background of this card.  I used a sheet music stamp (Stampington & Co.'s "Brahms Original") and "Cat Tails" by Paper Inspirations stamp as a background in SU's "Crumb Cake".  Over the top, I stamped SU's "Gently Falling" in SU's "Early Expresso".  I also fussy cut out some of the "Gently Falling" leaves out of another piece of card stock that I had sponged up like the background and adhered them to the front of the card with pop-up dots.  I found some green ribbon to finish off the card and stamped Happy Birthday on the piece of scrap card stock (I think it was SU's "Barely Banana" which is discontinued).

A perfect card for the first day of fall.  Thank you for stopping by.

1 comment :

  1. WOW...fabulous card Sue! I love how you did the background with the sheet music and cat tails, and the colors just make the whole card "pop"! A perfect card to celebrate Fall! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.