Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Field Flower

So my sister asked if I would make a birthday card for a friend of hers.  Of course, every other month or so I seem to go into a non-creative funk.  Well that's how I felt over the weekend.  So I turned to Pinterest, some of my favorite blogs and starting working on ideas in my head and here is what I came up with at the last minute, of course. 

I used white cardstock and stamped SU's Field Flower  in SU's Soft Sky and Pacific Point inks.  The stem is stamped in SU's Old Olive.  I sponged the background with SU's Daffodil Delight ink.  I used embroidery floss for the bow.  Happy Birthday is from SU's stamp set Well Scripted (retired) which is stamped with SU's Pacific Point.  The bling on the bottom is from Michael's, which I bought over a year ago and now they don't carry them anymore.  I mounted the card on SU's Pacific Point cardstock.

I do love how it turned out...simple but very nice.  I hope my sister and her friend love it as much as I do.   

I'll be back again tomorrow as I have a card I also made for Dynamic Duos challenge for this week and have to post it before noon on Thursday!  Thank you for stopping by.

2 comments :

  1. Glad to see you got the camera out and are sharing your talent with everyone! This is a beautiful card and I plan on CASEing it! Thanks for the idea!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome to CASE it! I think that is the fun part of blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.