Sunday, August 1, 2021

Having fun with ink blending

 Hi everyone. It’s been awhile since I have posted. I keep thinking my life will slow down, but it just keeps flying by with the speed of light.  Most of my spare time is spent watching my two year old grandson while his parents and my husband build their house. I’ll explain all of this at the end of my post.


It’s been awhile since I’ve played a challenge or two.  I loved the colors for this week’s CTD #653.  They are pink, yellow, orange and green.  I decided to do some ink blending that Cindy of My Stamping Style / Cindy Westerink showed us Thursday night.  I love ink blending and just don’t do it enough.  I’m also linking this in SSS Wednesday challenge, Anything Goes.

I made a rectangle mask and then blended my colors.

SU supplies: polished pink ink , daffodil delight ink, mango melody ink and granny apple green ink.  Butterfly Brilliance stamp and the sentiment is from Celebrate Sunflowers.  Granny apple green cs and Gina K thick and layering luxury  white cs.



  The housing market in Michigan is nuts. Our son and his wife had been trying to buy a house since last May when they moved back to Michigan.  After losing out on many houses by $30 grand or more, they stopped looking and my husband drew up house plans.  They found almost an acre of land about 30 minutes from us.  My husband and son are building the 1600 sq. ft. house.  They are working their normal jobs during the day and spending every evening and all day Saturdays at the house.  Here’s the progress so far…





Thank you for stopping by and leave me a comment so I know you were here.  






5 comments :

  1. What a cool card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win Sue...this card is FABULOUS!! Loving all the bright and cheerful colors, and your blending is awesome!! And how can you go wrong with butterflies!! Lovely, lovely my friend!!! 😊❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ink blending, Sue! Amazing progress on the house build! We're having the same housing issues here. Our nephew keeps bidding on houses and now they want you to wave inspection, pay closing costs, and pay the year's back-taxes. That's after you bid $30K over the already inflated asking price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kara, that is crazy. I haven't heard of buyers paying closing costs and a year's back-taxes here yet! Unless you are gutting a house, I would never buy one without inspections. To me, that is stupid. I worked for a real estate office for 5-years and saw too many people waive inspections and it costs them lots of money in the end. I hope your nephew finds a home soon!

      Delete
  4. Hi Sue! Lovely to see you! You guys were brilliant to come up with the idea of building a home for/with your son to spite the crazy housing market right now. Progress looks great! Keep us posted. And your card is just stunning! I love the design and your bright coloring! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.