Sunday, November 18, 2018

Christmas card making

Every year I procrastinate making Christmas cards and I send out about 100 or more.  Each year, I tell myself I’m going to start early, and yet again, I’m behind the 8-ball.  So after seeing the colors for this week’s Color Throwdown #519, I knew whatever card I designed would be one to use for this year’s stash.

I really love how it turned out too.  I smooshed the background and added snowflakes and heat embossed snowflakes in silver, too.  This will be an easy card to mass produce!

Supplies used:
TH watercolor paper and Weathered Wood Ink
Gina K’s Ocean Mist and Sea Glass Inks and layering White CS
SSS Retro Deer Die
PTI’s In The Meadow Silhouttes dies (the birds)
PB’s Into the Woods die
PTI’s In the Meadow Stamp set (snowflakes)
MFT’s Simply Snowflakes
SU’s Silver EP
Duvo drops in Autumn Red
Embroidering Floss



4 comments :

  1. Lovely card!! The smooshed background is wonderful and that deer is sweet! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color combination too Sue, and this card is just GORGEOUS in those colors!! LOVE that smooshed background and all those beautiful snowflakes, and then the pops of red from the birdies and the bow around the deer! Lovely, lovely card my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love that deer! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a lovely colour combo, Sue ... perfect for your smooshy woodland scene ... the tiny pops of red add such a sweet festive feel to this fabulous design! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.