Friday, January 17, 2014

Merry Monday #91 - Frosty Snowman

Wow how time flies when you are very busy.  I couldn't believe my last post was in October.   I thought I better post so no one thinks I've abandoned blogging.   It's not like I haven't been making cards because I have made many in the last 3 months.  I will try to get them all up on my blog as soon as I can. 
Cardstock - Ivory from Gina K, Red from local scrapbook store and Crumb Cake from Stampin' Up.
Sizzix Snowflake Embossing Folder
Ink:  Soft Suede
Copic Markers: R27, G14 and E74
Ribbon bought at Michaels
Stampin' Up's Labels Collection Dies
Stamp: Stampin' Up's Best of 25  "Best of Snow"
Stampendous Shabby White Embossing enamel

I embossed the snowflakes on Crumb Cake cardstock, sponged Soft Suede over the embossed snowflakes and scattered some Shabby White embossing enamel.  I wrapped white glitter ribbon around the crumb cake cardstock, which I mounted on red cardstock and then on Ivory cardstock.  I stamped the snowman on Ivory cardstock in soft suede ink colored him with copics and used the shabby white embossing enamel on the bottom and along the right side of the snowman.  I mounted him on red cardstock and used the shabby white embossing enamel along the edge of the red cardstock.  I have to tell you I'm in love with the embossing enamel.  I love that you heat it from underneath and see it melt before your eyes!  Coolest stuff ever!

My influence for this card came from my good friend Marcia Hill.  She always makes some great "vintage" looking cards that I love and wish I could make them as well as she does!

I have been watching Marcia make Christmas cards each week for the past year for Merry Monday Challenges and thought I should try to do the same this year, so I could have a healthy stack of Christmas cards ready for Christmas 2014, instead of waiting until it's almost too late to get my Christmas cards made, signed, addressed and in the mail!  Here's my first entry!



4 comments :

  1. Congrats on playing along...you will love having a stash ready to go next Christmas! And this card is wonderful! I LOVE the look of that embossing enamel and definitely am going to have to try some! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one sweet card! Happy to see you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card - I love, love that snowman! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, these are such great colours. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.