Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Butterflies Twofer Challenge #29

Hi everyone,  I thought I would finally submit a couple of cards for my friend, Darnell’s Twofer Challenge. I think this is the first time I’ve submitted for her monthly challenge.  You can check out the challenge here.


I love stamping butterflies and so this was a fun challenge.


I’ve had this watercolored panel for quite awhile and just wasn’t sure what to do with it.  Finally on Sunday inspiration hit. I love Nichol Spohr’s one layer cards and she helped with my inspiration. I had used TH Salty Ocean, Squeezed Lemonade and twisted Citron DI and randomly water colored them on the panel. I let it dry for weeks 😊. I think if you let it dry overnight, it would be fine. I then stenciled SSS Butterfly Trails in TH Seedless Preserves, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean and Spiced Marmalade DI.  Before I embossed the butterflies from SSS Beautiful Butterflies in White, I used the embossing buddy liberally so the embossing powder didn’t stick where I didn’t want it. The sentiment is from the same set and embossed in white, too.



The next card was just as fun. I started with cream colored cs and stamped PB Vintage Postcard
stamp in Memento’s Toffee Crunch. I took TH Antique Linen DI and sponged over the panel lightly. Next I stenciled some of the butterflies in the SSS Butterfly Trails stencil with the Antique Linen ink.  I used the same butterflies from the SSS Beautiful Butterflies set and stamped them randomly with SU’s Chocolate Chip ink (stamped off once).  I colored them with Prismacolor Pencils and added some glitter with a glitter pen and stamped Happy Birthday (from PB’s Special Wishes) in SU’s Early Expresso ink.  I also sponged Early Expresso ink around the edge of the card before adhering it to SU’s Crumb Cake cs.

Thank you for stopping by.  I love it when you do.  Enjoy the rest of your week.



6 comments :

  1. They are both BEAUTIFUL Sue!! Your 1st card is so colorful with that gorgeous background, and the white embossed butterflies over the top look wonderful against all that color! And your postcard card is vintage loveliness! The soft colored butterflies in the background are a perfect backdrop for the beautifully colored larger butterflies! Lovely, lovely cards!! Hugs. 😊❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great to see you, Sue! I didn't know you had gone back to blogging this year! I filled out the follow by email gadget so I can keep up with you. I love your cards! If we gave a prize for the largest colony of beautiful butterflies on a card, you would win! I love everything: awesome backgrounds, awesome first layer of flutterbies, and then awesome final layer white heat-embossed on the first design and wonderfully colored on the second design! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #29! I hope you and your family are keeping well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have thought to white heat emboss those butterflies over the background like that! Such a great layering idea and I love how it turned out! Equally lovely are your colored butterflies with that vintage feel! So great to see you in the gallery, Sue! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very happy to see your butterflies in the gallery, Sue. I love the 'veritable plethora' of colors on both of these cards - just like so many butterflies in real life! Beautiful work with the DIs and all the coloring, glitering, and watercoloring on your cards. Thanks for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful vibrant background for your white embossed butterflies, Sue ... the bright colours are deliciously eyecatching! What a different and lovely look you created with your vintage postcard butterflies ... your colouring is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both beautiful one layer cards Sue! I am the happy recipient of the one that looks more vintage and I couldn't be happier. Thank you so much for being so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.