Sunday, February 11, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day

Can you believe that this Wednesday is already Valentine's Day?  I can't either.  It is also Ash Wednesday.  It's hard to believe Lent is beginning this week, too.  

I spent last weekend in NYC wedding dress shopping with Sarah, maid of honor, Jessica, and Paul's mom, Lorraine.  Sarah, said "Yes to the Dress", but not at Kleinfeld's.  We didn't even go there.  They are just a bit out of our budget but we did find two places that fit our budget and the last dress she tried on was the one!  I wish I could show you the dress, but I just can't.  Here is a picture of us all at brunch later that day.  Sarah's friend, Theresa, was also able to join us.  Sarah, Jessica and Theresa introduced Lorraine and I to a drink called the Barnstormer--so good!

Here's my card for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge #479 and both of Simon Says Monday Love is in the Air and Wednesday It must be Love Challenges.  I started out by doing a light watercolor wash using Shimmers Aqua Heuz in Hottie Pink.  Then I put a bit of Simmerz Silver Bells on my craft mat, added a little water and used one of the Simon Says Stamps Frozen Fractal stencil and put it in the Silver Bells and stamped it over the dried watercolored panel.  After that dried.  I took a paint brush and dipped into Shimmerz Royal Red paint and splattered that color on top of the watercolored panel.  After everything dried, I die cut 4 times Simon Says Stamps Super Heart Border from the watercolored panel, red and two shades of gray cardstock.  I inset the hearts and dots from the red and gray cardstock and then attached the watercolored panel to a piece of Smokey Slate cardstock.  I stamped Happy Valentine's Day from Simon Says Stamp  Hello Beautiful stamp set in Momento London Fog ink and embossed it with Hero Arts White Satin Pearl EP.  I really liked how the stencil looks on this pink watercolored background. 

Thanks for stopping by, I love it when you do.  I appreciate your comments, too!  Have a great week. 

4 comments :

  1. Love your fabulous Valentine's day card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Sounds like you had fun in NYC! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely valentines card, the wash looks gorgeous and so well done.

    Many Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy time and a sweet Valentine's card. Have fun with all the upcoming events!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.