Sunday, October 11, 2015

My first Christmas card...

 OMGosh!!!  I fell in love with My Favorite Things' Santa's Elves the minute I saw them and had to order them as soon as they became available on their website!  I am so happy I did.  My first inspiration for this card was for Stamp Nation's WCMD2015 for their Scotland challenge (using plaid).  My second inspiration was for Happy Little Stamper's October CAS Challenge Paper Piecing.  Isn't this elf so cute????  I paper piece the present, hat and his jacket from a piece of plaid paper from Stampin' Up's Trim the Tree 4x6 paper pack and colored him with Copics (C5, T7, W8, RV00 and 0) and Wink of Stella in Clear and White inks.  I finished him off with a couple of black gems for his buttons on his coat.  I popped him up on a piece of SU's Garden Green cs, which is mounted on a piece of Gina K's White Luxury cs.  I added a piece of plaid paper on the bottom of the card and added Christmas Joy from Tim Holtz's Sizzix's Holiday Words Script die cut set.  I'm entering this card into HLS October CAS Challenge, and Simon Wednesday Challenge.  I hope this card is clean and simple enough for both challenges.


8 comments :

  1. An adorable Christmas card Sue, a lovely design and papers with the gorgeous tartan......a cute image with brilliant paper piecing!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That elf is SO dang cute...absolutely love him! And you paper pieced him beautifully too! Great CAS card Sue!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE!! I can see why you had to have him! :) Love his paper pieced outfit. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute elf and plaid paper.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love him and his little jacket and coat! Great paper piecing! Thanks for sharing! Have a great week! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That elf is gorgeous! Love the choices of paper. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little elf is just adorable ...... great job with the paper piecing too! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.