Sunday, January 24, 2021

Twofer challenge for January—Flowers

It’s been along time since my last post. I really hate how my job and life in general interferes with my


hobbies.  But I’m back for now, and I can’t think of a better way to post, but for the January Twofer challenge #34.


I have so many flower stamps, but as per many of us, I keep buying more of them.  This is one of my latest from Stampin’ Up called “Wild Roses”.  I love big background stamps. They are so easy to work with and you can use so many techniques with them. 

For my first card, I used the Joseph’s Coat technique that Gina K showed on one of her lives a little over a week ago.  Here is a link to her video.  https://youtu.be/414V0m2qw0k.


I used  SU’s inks “Wild Wasabi,” “Tangerine Tango,” and “Daffodil Delight.  I blended the three randomly  on Gina K’s luxury white layering CS.  After letting the panel dry for a few minutes, I inked up the Wild Roses stamp with Versamrk ink in my Misti so I could ink up the stamp a few times so I knew I had the entire image stamped well.    I then embossed the image with clear embossing powder.  After that, I blended SU’s “Pretty Peacock” ink all over the panel and then used a paper towel to wipe the access ink off the embossed image, which is how the yellow, green and orange shows through.  Pretty cool technique.    I layered the panel on SU’s “Shaded Spruce” CS, then adhered the panel onto SU’s Daffodil Delight” CS.  I die cut happy twice from Daffodil Delight” CS and glued them together before gluing it to the card.  I stamped the word anniversary in Versamark ink on SU’s “Tangerine Tango” CS and embossed it with white embossing powder and die cut and trim down to size.  


The second card doesn’t have near as many steps.  In fact I ended up with two cards using this one panel.  I started out by inking up the SU “Wild Roses” stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I then embossed the panel with black embossing powder.  I then die cut the panel with SU’s “Curvy Dies”.  I layered the panel on black CS and stamped the word thanks from SSS “Hand lettered Winter Wishes” with Versamark ink and heat set with white embossing powder.  I trimmed the panel down and adhered it on a white piece of heavy weight white CS from Gina K.


I thought I would share the other card I made with the other half of the panel.  The “Smile” die is from Gina K and the “Happy Looks Good on You” is from SSS “Choose Happy” stamp set, which is stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black ink.  I’m going to enter this card into the Flower Challenge #52 - heat or dry embossing.  








Thank you for stopping by.  I really appreciate it.






5 comments :

  1. SO happy to see you posting again Sue!! And with two beauties too! I love that Joseph's Coat technique and you've done it beautifully with the Wild Roses stamp...so colorful and eye catching!! I love both of your black & white cards with the same background stamp too...black & white is always so elegant! Thanks so much for sharing both of your lovely cards with us at The Twofer Challenge!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when work and life interfere with your hobby, too, Sue, so I'm delighted to see you back online! You have made two wonderful designs which netted you three great cards for your stash! I love that stamp and how you used it as an all-over background, beautifully colored, and then as half of a very striking black and white half/half design! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #34! Keep safe, take care, and I hope you get a chance to have a crafty play again soon! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you back in blogland, Sue ... and with such a fabulous twofer (or should I say threefer)! The soft trapped colour on your anniversary card is beautifully set off by the delicious buttery yellow border ... it glows! How striking and dramatic are your two black and white beauties ... simple, stylish and so gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous flowers twofer! I'm amazed about the anniversary card in Joseph's Coat technique. It's perfect. Thank you card has a very nice design. It's fantastic in black-white with the germs and a big sentiment. Thank you for playing at Twofer Card #34.
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful cards, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.